Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhatissgarh, MaharashtraDonate to this appeal
What are the challenges?
What is the aim of the project?
While there are many different government schemes available to help migrant workers and their families, it is often difficult for people to access them, because of lack of knowledge, not having the right documents, not being able to navigate the bureaucracy and issues with the scheme delivery mechanisms. This project builds on our previous work to make sure migrant workers and their families get all the benefits they are entitled to.
What are the main activities?
The main activities are:
- Establishing Migrant Resource Centres at key destination sites
- Raising awareness among migrant households of, and connecting them to, social security benefits
- Funding a toll-free telephone helpline
- Facilitating the re-recruitment of migrant labourers into non-exploitative jobs
- Working closely with state and district officials to streamline backend processes
- Assisting in data analysis and systems improvement
- Helping the state departments to take ownership of project and statewide rollout