What is Karuna’s commitment to Safeguarding?
Karuna is committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from all forms of physical or psychological violence, injury or abuse, neglect, maltreatment, exploitation and sexual abuse.
Our Safeguarding Principles
- All children, young people and vulnerable adults have equal rights to protection from abuse and exploitation
- Abuse of children, young people and adults is never acceptable
- We have a duty and are committed to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults
- When we work through partners, they have a responsibility to meet our minimum standards of protection for children, young people and vulnerable adults in their programmes
What action do we take?
- Awareness: we ensure that all staff and partners are aware of any potential risks posed to children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Prevention: we ensure, through best practice methods, that staff and partners minimise the risks to children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Reporting: we ensure that staff and partners are clear about what steps to take should a concern arise regarding the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Responding: we ensure that action is taken to support and protect children, young people and adults should a concern arise regarding possible abuse
We treat all allegations of abuse very seriously and investigate any cases thoroughly.
If you would like to find out more about our safeguarding work or to report a concern about a child or vulnerable adult who participates in a Karuna funded programme please contact our Safeguarding Team on 020 7700 3434 or .
If the child or vulnerable adult is at immediate risk of significant harm, please contact the relevant emergency services in the country the child or vulnerable adults resides in.